Grilled vegetable recipes are very good for your and your families health. Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus is another delicious grilling recipe, addition to a spring brunch also for elegant dinner. It’s a very delicious yet healthy food. It is extremely easy to cook and really fast to serve.
Time: 20 Mins
INGREDIENTS – required for Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus
- 16 spears asparagus, (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 very thin slices prosciutto, (about 1 ounce), cut in half lengthwise
PREPARATION for grilled vegetable recipes
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Wrap 1 length of prosciutto around the middle of 4 asparagus spears.
- Repeat, making 4 bundles. Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the asparagus bundles, turning once or twice, until the asparagus is tender and charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
TIPS & NOTES:
To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 39 calories; 2 g fat ( 0 g sat , 1 g mono ); 6 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 235 mg sodium; 134 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (22% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
For more grilled vegetable recipes visit my blog tomorrow. Eat well, Live well..