Spicy Indian Grilled Chicken Recipes
Are you a chicken lover? If your answer is a big and loud ‘yes’ then you must know that there are different types of dishes which can be prepared from chicken.
As a matter of fact, if you are a good cook, then you can use your innovation and invent a dish or two. Indian grilled chicken is one such invention.
When it comes to grilled chicken, basically it is a dish which was popular in USA and other European countries; however, adding some extra Indian spices and preparing it in an all different way gives it the Indian touch.
Have you ever tasted one? If you have, in that case you know how delicious it tastes! Do you wish to prepare it at your home and treat your family members and friends?
In that case, you would be happy to know that the process is quite simple and with your cooking skills, you can certainly prepare a delicious dish of Indian grilled chicken.
This sumptuous recipe is nothing but an Indian version of the traditional grilled chicken where you would require almost the same recipe and of course a griller.
“Grilled Chicken”, as the name suggests is prepared on a griller and you must make sure that your griller is in right condition before you start to prepare the dish.
The process of grilling is what makes this dish so special; therefore it is important to have a decent grill to work with. If you have a world-class grill handy, you needn’t to worry about anything else.
In this page check out the recipe of grilled Indian chicken which you can prepare right in your home. Keep reading!
Basics of the Recipe
- Total Time required: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Inactive Preparation: 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- No of Servings: 4 persons
- 1 table spoon mixture of spices.
- 2 table spoons dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ table spoon brown sugar
- Garlic clove 1 piece (crushed)
- ½ tea spoon ground cardamom
- ½ tea spoon pepper corns
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 table spoons tomato paste
- 2 pieces chicken legs (split into drums and thighs)
- At first take a big bowl to mix all the ingredients.
- Next you would have to combine the mixture of spices, fenugreek, cardamom, garlic, sugar, yogurt, tomato paste and salt in the bowl.
- Then with the help of a big spoon, grind all the ingredients together and mix them well.
- Keep some marinade (1/4 cup) separately which would be used for grilling later.
- Apply the mixture properly on the chicken drums and thighs. Coat them properly to get the perfect texture.
- Cover the bowl tightly without aleaving any space for air.
- Put it in the fridge and marinate the chicken pieces for duration of half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Prepare the grill while the chicken is being marinated. Set the temperature of the grill to medium.
- After 45 minutes take out the bowl from the refrigerator and remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on the grill which should be set on a medium temperature.
- You have to cook the chicken on the grill until all the juice inside run clear and the chicken is fully prepared.
- This entire process of grilling would take approx 40 to 45 minutes time.
- After 45 minutes when the chicken pieces will turn smoky and flavorful with grill marks on them, take those out of the grill.
- You can sprinkle some wine on top of the pieces to add to its taste and flavor.
- Serve the grilled Indian chicken pieces with your desirable salad.
With this your recipe of delicious Indian grilled chicken will be perfectly ready to grab a bite. This delectable recipe is just heavenly for the grilled chicken lovers and your guests will be all praise for you after relishing this.
The ingredients required to prepare Grilled Indian Chicken is quite easily available in the market. So, you can prepare this recipe in your home just in jiffy without any hassle.
The important thing which needs to be taken care of is the griller. You must ensure that your griller is in the best of conditions and would generate the optimum amount of heat which is required to grill the chicken.
So, if you don’t have get one soon and start experimenting. Happy grilling!