Grilled Pineapple – How To Grill Pineapple
Have you ever tested grilled pineapple? In case you have, you must know how delicious it can be! But if you haven’t tasted it yet, then you are really missing out something extremely lip-smacking.
Well, have you tested it at a restaurant or a bakery? That is most likely; however, you would be happy to know that you can prepare it at your home with much ease.
The process is quite simple and all it requires is a couple of easily available ingredients and a little bit of patience. If you are a good cook, then you might be able to prepare the most delicious grilled pineapple just at the first go.
However, in case you are not an expert then also nothing to worry as it won’t take much time for you to gain expertise in this particular dish.
If you haven’t tried making grilled pineapple and you are wondering how difficult it might be, then there is good news for you.
The process of preparing grilled pineapple is very simple and quick as well. You would require a great-quality griller as the basic and the most important equipment.
As far as the griller is concerned, make sure that you have the best one in order to get the best of results. Here is a brief insight into the process of preparing grilled pineapple for you. Have a look and start grilling this super food soon.
Basics of the Recipe
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- No of Servings: 2 to 3 persons
- 1 piece large ripe pineapple.
- 2-3 table spoons honey.
- 3-4 table spoons butter.
- 1 table spoon of fresh lime juice
- At first you need to take the pineapple and then get rid of the skin. Make sure that the pineapples which you have selected are ripe.
- Then you need to get the pineapple prepared by peeling, then coring it and trimming off the top.
- Once the peeling and coring is done cut it into small slices of 1 inch each.
- Extract juice from the lemon and keep in a bowl. Try and go for limes with big sizes so that you can extract maximum amount of juice.
- Take the honey, lemon juice and melted butter and pour all of these ingredients in a bowl. Then mix them long and hard with the help of a spoon.
- When you have the mixture prepared, it is time to apply it on the pineapple slices which you have prepared.
- You can apply the mixture with the help of a brush on the slices for best glazing or apply the mixture by dipping the slices you have prepared into it.
- Then keep the slices into a freezer bag and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- While the slices are in the refrigerator, prepare your griller by heating it on medium heat.
- After half an hour, bring the slices out of the refrigerator and place on the pre-heated grill.
- In the next step grill the pineapple slices for 4 to 5 minutes on either side uniformly.
- Make sure to grill the slices till the grill marks start appearing on them.
- After 5 minuteswhen the pieces start leaving a smoky aroma remove those from the grill.
- If you have any of the mixture which you had prepared earlier remaining, you can apply it on the grilled slices. This would add more taste and flavor to the grilled pineapples.
If you are planning to prepare this dish on a special occasion and you have an old griller which is not as effective as it used to be, in that case, it is recommended to go ahead and get a new one.
Remember, as the name suggests, grilled pineapple is all about proper grilling. Therefore, you need to make sure that the grilling is done properly so that the flavor and taste can be attained.
So, next time you plan to surprise your guests with something special go for this fruit grilling recipe and make everyone crave for more while appreciating your grilling skills.